Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's time to go

Time to peace out of Lome. This time tomorrow I'll be in Vogan. Not too much to report so far, but the upcoming week promises to be full of surprises. I'll be in the process of getting my house in order, and on September 3rd I may be leaving for an preliminary run of the bike route for AIDS ride. Sometime within the next two months Peace Corps is participating in a country wide bike tour broken down into regions. I'm too much of a newbie to really contribute to the whole planning process; I would just be making company for the person doing the real work. I think we would be covering about 150 kilometers in 5 days through relatively rural sections of Togo. The trip would be to locate people in each village that can house and feed the volunteers when the larger group travels through, and also to ensure that the roads are passable. Sounds like some good exercise, but I don't know if it will be appropriate to leave post so soon, but I might be going crazy after a week. Who knows, we'll see. I'll let you all know what happens when I get back to Lome again. And eventually there will be internet in Vogan. I think it might happen within the next three months. But you never know around here.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey man, got your last post. Hang in there bro. I hope you are feeling better man.